Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions for a 2006 Chevrolet Chevy Tahoe Keyless Entry Remote Fob
We strive to provide convenience to our customers with free keyless entry remote programming instructions for every single vehicle that we sell on NorthCoast Keyless.
Many people don’t know that they can purchase their own replacement vehicle entry remote, save up to 70% off of marked up Dealership prices, and program the replacement remote to their vehicle themselves. We know how good it feels to save money and do something yourself; and we aim to make it as painless as possible for you!
Free Step-by-Step How To Programming & Memory Clearing Instructions for a 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Keyless Entry Remote Fob
Verify that this important information is on the back of your remote before using these programming instructions.
FCC ID: LHJ011
Factory Part No(s): 21997127
Also Compatible / Fully Interchangeable with Part No(s): 15132197, 15132198, 15186200, 15186201, 10377295, 15186203
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
Keyless Entry System Memory Clearing Instructions are noted in the dark blue colored steps below.
Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions:
- CLOSE all doors.
- INSERT key into the ignition.
- PRESS and HOLD the power UNLOCK button on driver’s side door panel. DO NOT release until instructed to do so in Step 5.
- Quickly TURN the Ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)
- RELEASE the power UNLOCK button on the Driver’s side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. (A) If locks cycle then CONTINUE to Step 6. (B) If the door locks begin to LOCK and UNLOCK BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered Programming Mode and you must START OVER. REMOVE key, OPEN door and RETURN to Step 1. (C) If the vehicle continues to LOCK and UNLOCK before releasing the UNLOCK button then there is a problem with the vehicle’s system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there’s a problem with the vehicle’s system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.
- HOLD the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.
- Now REPEAT Step 6 for all additional remotes to be programmed, including working ones.
- After Step 6 has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.
- TURN ignition to OFF, and remove key.
- Test all remotes. Programming is complete.
- If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.
If you have any difficulties with programming the remote you ordered from us to your vehicle, check out our FAQ Page for common questions, mistakes, and solutions to programming keyless entry remotes to your vehicle. Always feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
View our entire catalog of FREE Chevrolet keyless entry remote programming instructions!
Need to buy a 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe keyless entry remote fob? We’ve got you covered!
Need a new battery for your 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe keyless entry remote fob? We’ve got that too!
Our Free Programming Instructions Disclaimer can be found on the NorthCoast Keyless FAQ page.