Easy to Follow Step-by-step Instructions for Programming a 2000 Nissan Maxima Keyless Entry Remote
We strive to provide convenience to our customers with free keyless entry remote programming instructions for every single vehicle that we sell on NorthCoast Keyless.
Many people don’t know that they can purchase their own replacement vehicle entry remote, save up to 70% off of marked up Dealership prices, and program the replacement remote to their vehicle themselves. We know how good it feels to save money and do something yourself; and we aim to make it as painless as possible for you!
Free Step-by-Step Programming Instructions for a 2000 Nissan Maxima Keyless Entry Remote
Verify that this important information is on the the back of your remote before using these programming instructions.
FCC ID: NHVBU43
Factory Part No: 282682Y
Canada Part No: N/A
Step-by-Step Programming Instructions:
- Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
- Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock / unlock switch located on drivers door panel.
- Insert key into ignition (DON’T TURN) and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least 6 times within 10 seconds (this will need to be done at approximately one second intervals). Your hazard lamps will flash if you have performed this step correctly. PLEASE NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast or too slow the system will not enter programming mode.
- Insert key into ignition and turn to the ACC position.
- Within 5 seconds, push the LOCK button on the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. PLEASE NOTE: Do not press the button on the remote more than one time or the programming will not be successful.
- If there are any remaining remotes (including working ones), Unlock then Lock all doors using the switch on drivers door panel. Within 5 seconds of locking and unlocking doors press LOCK button on the next remote. Your hazard lamps will flash. Repeat this step for each remote (including any working remotes).
- When all remotes have been programmed turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door. Test all remotes.
If you have any difficulties with programming your vehicles, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our entire catalog of FREE Nissan keyless entry remote programming instructions!
Need a 2000 Nissan Maxima keyless entry remote? We’ve got you covered!
Need a new battery for your 2000 Nissan Maxima keyless entry remote? We’ve got that too!
Our Free Programming Instructions Disclaimer can be found on the NorthCoast Keyless FAQ page.