Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions for a 1998 Chevrolet Chevy Astro Van Keyless Entry Remote Fob
We strive to provide convenience to our customers with free keyless entry remote programming instructions for every single vehicle that we sell on NorthCoast Keyless.
Many people don’t know that they can purchase their own replacement vehicle entry remote, save up to 70% off of marked up Dealership prices, and program the replacement remote to their vehicle themselves. We know how good it feels to save money and do something yourself; and we aim to make it as painless as possible for you!
Free Step-by-Step How To Programming & Memory Clearing Instructions for a 1998 Chevrolet Astro Van Keyless Entry Remote Fob
Verify that this important information is on the back of your remote before using these programming instructions.
FCC ID: KOBUT1BT, AB01502T, ABO1502T
Factory Part No: 15732805, 16245100-29, 16245100-5, 16245105
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
Keyless Entry System Memory Clearing Instructions are noted in the dark blue colored steps below.
Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions:
- Locate the Data Link Port (shown above). It is located under the Driver’s side dash. Identify ports eight (8) and four (4). Note that the port is wider on the top row and contains ports one (1) through eight (8). The bottom row contains ports nine (9) through sixteen (16). Be sure there are metal pins inside ports 8 and 4. The above diagram is for your reference since the numbers are not on the connector ports.
- Connect port eight (8) to port (4) with a suitable jumper wire. Any short piece of conductive wire will work (i.e. – a paper clip). You will leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to indicate that the vehicle has entered programming mode.
- Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first remote to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the remote.
- Within one minute, repeat Step 4 on all additional remotes, including working ones, to be programmed to the vehicle.
- Remove the jumper wire connected to the Data Link Port.
- Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
- If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.
If you have any difficulties with programming the remote you ordered from us to your vehicle, check out our FAQ Page for common questions, mistakes, and solutions to programming keyless entry remotes to your vehicle. Always feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
View our entire catalog of FREE Chevrolet keyless entry remote programming instructions!
Need to buy a 1998 Chevrolet Astro Van keyless entry remote fob? We’ve got you covered!
Need a new battery for your 1998 Chevrolet Astro Van keyless entry remote fob? We’ve got that too!
Our Free Programming Instructions Disclaimer can be found on the NorthCoast Keyless FAQ page.