Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions for a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Keyless Entry Remote Fob
We strive to provide convenience to our customers with free keyless entry remote programming instructions for every single vehicle that we sell on NorthCoast Keyless.
Many people don’t know that they can purchase their own replacement vehicle entry remote, save up to 70% off of marked up Dealership prices, and program the replacement remote to their vehicle themselves. We know how good it feels to save money and do something yourself; and we aim to make it as painless as possible for you!
Free Step-by-Step How To Programming & Memory Clearing Instructions for a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado Keyless Entry Remote Fob
Verify that this important information is on the back of your remote before using these programming instructions.
FCC ID: ABO1602T
Factory Part No: 16259829, 16196066, 16259819, 16183016
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
Keyless Entry System Memory Clearing Instructions are noted in the dark blue colored steps below.
Step-by-Step How To Programming Instructions:
- Insert key into the ignition and turn ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can turn without cranking engine).
- (A) On the digital climate control units press the OFF and WARM buttons at the same time. The instrument panel will light all options, then go blank, and then display “Diagnostic Mode”. (B) On analog climate control units that just use a dial you will press the main OFF button along with the PASSENGER COOLER button simultaneously until unit displays “RFA” and then press the FAN UP button. Skip Step 3 if you have an analog unit.
- Press FAN DOWN to view diagnostic options until “RFA” is displayed on unit. Once displayed press FAN UP.
- At this point NO OVRD RF SOO should be displayed and you will press FAN UP again.
- PPGM FOB I SO1 should be displayed now. Press the WARM button on the climate control unit and the number 99 should be shown in the upper left hand of the instrument panel cluster. It should be just under the odometer. Vehicle is now in programming mode and ready to program Remote #1, the remote being programmed now should have a #1 on the back of it.
- Press and hold the TRUNK button on the #1 remote and within one second press and hold the LOCK button on the remote. You will hold both buttons until you hear the locks cycle to lock and unlock. If you see the “99” in display change to “0” without hearing locks cycle you must go back to step 5.
- When programming #2 remote press FAN UP button until display shows “RF SO2 PROGRAM FOB #2” and then press the WARM button on climate control.
- Press and hold the TRUNK button on the #1 remote and within one second press and hold the LOCK button on the remote. You will hold both buttons until you hear the locks cycle to lock and unlock. If you see the “99” in display change to “0” without hearing locks cycle you must go back to step 7.
- Programming is now complete. Press “RECIRC” or “RESET” to exit programming mode.
- Test all remotes.
- If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.
If you have any difficulties with programming the remote you ordered from us to your vehicle, check out our FAQ Page for common questions, mistakes, and solutions to programming keyless entry remotes to your vehicle. Always feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
View our entire catalog of FREE Cadillac keyless entry remote programming instructions!
Need to buy a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado keyless entry remote fob? We’ve got you covered!
Need a new battery for your 1996 Cadillac Eldorado keyless entry remote fob? We’ve got those too!
Our Free Programming Instructions Disclaimer can be found on the NorthCoast Keyless FAQ page.